Over 20 possible cache sites to be aware of
1) Look for loose bricks/stones in fireplaces.
2) Check under porches.
3) Try fruit cellars and basements.
4) Near large trees. Check the tree for hollow limbs or trunks as well as for a nail that
could have been used to hang a line that would point to a spot on the ground. While looking, see if it may have had
a swing tied in it years ago.
5) In or under a fence post.
6) Hollow areas in window or doorsills.
7) Under floorboards, or inside steps.
8) Abandoned automobiles or farm machines.
9) Barns or other out buildings (dog houses, pig pens, chicken coops etc.) in sight of the home. Check rafters,
lofts, or anyplace else a container of coins could be hidden. A full day could be spent searching a fair sized barn. Remember
the cache was HIDDEN not placed where any one that entered would see it.
10) Don't forget outhouses!
11) Flower gardens, vegatable gardens and planters.
12) Check out attics carefully. Remember that unused items from bygone days are often
13) Check out any food containers you come across. Remember it isn't to hard to drop a few
coins in a can of fruit before its sealed, or place a few coins under a storage bin.
15) Cisterns, water pipes, and drainage pipes are worth looking into.
16) Under sidewalk stones, or unusual markers or stones.
17) Near unusual plants (lilacs, rosebushes and such)
18) Hollowed out light posts.
19) Hollowed out books.
20) Areas of discarded cloths, or old shoes.